7.17.2011

It all ends.

Well, I finally got to see the last Harry Potter film. It was awesome. I loved every bit of it up until the very end. Why? Because I realized that it's over and I'm sad that Harry Potter has finally come to an end.
Yes, I'm a devoted HP nerd for life. About twelve years ago I read the first book. I was in the 5th grade, and it was probably the greatest thing ever for me. Other kids grew up loving TV shows and pop stars, but I grew up loving Harry Potter and books. When the other kids were waiting in line to get the newest Nintendo stuff, I was in line at Barnes & Noble waiting to pick up "The Goblet of Fire."
 

Each book opened the door of my imagination a little more. I would stay up until all hours of the night reading chapter after chapter because I couldn't put it down. By the time I did put it down and fell asleep, I was dreaming of Hogwarts. Occasionally, I'll still wake up from having a scary dream about Voldemort or being chased by a dragon. I know, I'm super weird.


 I remember one time, I wrote a letter to J.K. Rowling telling her how awesome I thought she was. I even got a reply letter all the way from London. I felt super special even though it wasn't even written or signed by her. Anyway, The Harry Potter books and movies carried me from my childhood and teenage years all the way to being an adult. I hope that my children will read the books and enjoy them as much as I have.


As sad as I am that everything has come to an end, I'm happy that the stories have been shared. They are uplifting and speak of hope and love, even in a fantasy world. I really hope a new series comes out that is as awesome as Harry Potter. Until then, I'll just wait for them to finish up the Twilight movies. =)

Here's a favorite quote from the books: "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."


P.S. I totally colored and high lighted my own hair...  yeah, I get crazy like that sometimes. Desperate times call for desperate measures.


No comments: